What do the different acronyms mean?
- TEA = Track Equivalent Albums
- SEA = Streaming Equivalent Albums
- SES = Stream Equivalent Songs
- LP = Last Period
- Last chart week
- TP = This Period
- This chart week
- Sales & Consumption Chart Week = Friday → Thursday
- Weekly data will be... “Week Ending [Thursday date]”
- YTD = Year to Date
- ATD = Activity to Date
- Genre vs Core Genre:
- Core Genre is 1:1 - each song has 1 core genre in our systems
- Genre is a Billboard classification - a song can have multiple genres to chart in multiple areas (example: Taylor Swift charts on both Pop and Country charts, so she has two genres assigned)
- Airplay Chart Week = Monday → Sunday
- Daily Data = always two days behind
- RTD = Release to Date (used in sales chart)
- WTD TP = Week to Date This Period
- Current music = less than 18 months since release date
- Catalog music = more than 18 months since release date
- ISRC = International Standard Recording Code (the unique identifier assigned to a recording)
When is data updated in BDSradio?
Airplay data is updated in BDSradio every day. Today's airplay data is available by going to "Stations/Realtime". Sales data is updated in BDSradio every Monday for the previous Friday-Thursday. This Week (or TW) Streaming data is updated in BDSradio ...
What is the difference between station-based airplay charts and genre-based airplay charts?
Most of the Billboard airplay charts are "station-based". Stations qualify for the chart based on the type of music they play, the percentage of Current songs being played, and their ratings. On station-based charts, all songs being played by the ...
How does BDS decide which airplay formats a station is included in?
Definitions of BDS Airplay Formats AA - Triple A - Billboard chart format - Adult leaning rock stations that generally have a softer musical lean and a broader musical posture than Mainstream Rock stations. More often characterized by ...
How is Music Connect different from BDSradio?
Both Music Connect & BDSradio track radio airplay, sales & streaming, but their use cases are different. Music Connect has added detail for streaming and sales consumption sales and streaming), with summary-level radio airplay. Music Connect also ...
What does Going For Adds mean?
When a radio station reports a song as an "Add" that means they have made a commitment to give that song airplay. BDS clients that are promoting songs to radio can list their songs as "Going For Adds". Radio stations then receive a weekly email ...