I want to compare airplay, streaming and sales between markets.
- In BDSradio to compare airplay, streaming and sales between markets, click on a song title or artist name from any report or go to Songs / Song View to look up a song or artist.
- Click on the "Markets DMA" tab.
- Airplay, streaming and sales is presented at the DMA level. What is the difference between a Market and a DMA?
The "Stations" column shows percentage and number of radio stations in the DMA playing the song or artist. Click to view a list of the stations in the market "Spinning" and "Not" spinning.
- You can toggle between showing "Share", "Index" and/or "Volume" on the report.
- "Share" shows the percentage of activity in the DMA. So a "Spins %" of 0.3816 means that 0.3816% of the spins in that DMA were from this song or artist.
- "Index" of 100 is the average of all DMAs. So an Index above 100 means the song is over-indexing in that DMA compared to the average. An Index below 100 means the song is under-indexing in that DMA compared to the average.
- "Volume" shows the total count of spins, audience impressions, streams and sales.
- You are able to view "Share", "Index" and "Volume" for:
- OnDemand Streams TW (This Week)
- OnDemand Streams YTD (Year To Date)
- Spins TW (This Week)
- Spins ATD (Activity To Date)
- Audience Impressions TW (This Week)
- Audience Impressions ATD (Activity To Date)
- Sales TW (This Week)
- Sales ATD (Activity To Date)
- Hover over any of the highlighted numbers in the report to see the past six weeks of activity
What is the difference between a Market and a DMA in the BDS system?
DMA stands for Designated Market Area. A DMA is a geographic region used to analyze and quantify consumer activity. In the MRC Data products DMAs are used to geographically categorize music sales and online streaming of music. Music sales include ...
How do I use the Streaming Chart in BDSradio?
In BDSradio go to "Charts/Streaming" to view the Streaming Chart. Streaming refers to on-line listening to music and viewing of music videos through services like Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and Pandora. These providers are also referred to as ...
What is DMA/CMA/Markets level data?
A DMA, or Designated Market Area (also known as a Media Market, Market Level, or Local Level), is a region where the population can receive the same radio station offerings and internet content. DMAs are used to determine what content radio listeners ...
Within BDSradio where can I find information about music sales?
Music sales include paid digital downloads of albums and tracks as well as online and in-store purchases of CDs and vinyl records. In BDSradio go to Songs/Sales to see the following weekly sales charts: National Album Sales Album Sales by Market ...
How does BDS decide which airplay formats a station is included in?
Definitions of BDS Airplay Formats AA - Triple A - Billboard chart format - Adult leaning rock stations that generally have a softer musical lean and a broader musical posture than Mainstream Rock stations. More often characterized by ...