How do I use the interactive Music Connect API documentation?
If you have an active "MRC Data" account with access to the Music Connect API, you can explore the API here
In order to use the different endpoints, you need to authorize:
- Click on the first section for the POST /auth endpoint on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Try It Out” button on the right-side panel of the documentation.
- Enter the unique API Key assigned to your company in the "x-api-key" field.
- Enter your "MRC Data" credentials in the "username" and "password" fields, and click on the "Execute" button.
- Retrieve and copy the alphanumeric value for "access_token" from the Response Body.
- Click on the “Authorize” button in the top right corner of the right panel.
- Paste your access token in the “OktaAuthorizer” field and click the "Authorize" button.
- Paste the unique API Key assigned to your company in the "APIKeyHeader" field and click the "Authorize" button.
- You are now ready to explore the other endpoints!
Prefer the old documentation? Click here
to find out how to see the old swagger hub documentation.
Where can I find the Music Connect API documentation?
Fully interactive documentation of the Music Connect API is available here. It allows you to explore how the API will work and behave, before integrating it into your code. Music Connect API is a subscription-based service. Please contact your ...
What is the Music Connect API?
The Music Connect API enables programmatic access to streaming, sales, and airplay data in the U.S. and Canada, plus additional Global data. This includes: Over 200 available charts, including all Billboard charts Weekly consumption data for ISRCs, ...
Music Connect Industry Report Tour
This seventh video in our Music Connect Welcome Guide series covers the Industry Report and how to use it! For more information on the Industry Report check out these articles: What is the difference between Industry Report and Trend Report set to By ...
Music Connect Charts Tour
This is the third video in our Music Connect Quickstart Guide. This video covers the various charts within Music Connect and how to use them! You can find videos 1 and 2 of the Music Connect Quickstart Guide below: Music Connect Home Page Tour Music ...
Music Connect Trend Report Tour
This fifth video in our Music Connect Welcome Guide series covers Trend Reports and how to use them! For more information on Trend Reports check out these articles: How do I run a Trend Report? How can I schedule a Trend Report? Can I share my ...