How are Bullets calculated on the Billboard charts?
- A Bullet is given to songs that are showing upward momentum on an airplay chart.
- In Music Tracking, Bullets are denoted with a black circle next to the song's Rank on the Overview report. Songs that are debuting with a bullet are shown with a "D" inside a black circle.
- The Airplay Charts pulldown on the BDSradio.com login page also shows Bullets. These are denoted with a white circle.
- Bullets are given to songs that are flat or increasing in spins from Last Week to This Week on detection-based charts.
- Bullets are given to songs that are flat or increasing in audience from Last Week to This Week on audience-based charts.
Billboard factors all Downtime
into their bullet calculations for the charts. For example if total Mon-Sun Downtime for a particular airplay format equals 3% of the total monitored minutes during the week (number of stations times minutes in the week) then the +/- number for all songs on the chart will be adjusted by 3% for bullet calculations. So a song could have a negative gain in spins or audience but still retain its bullet.
What is the methodology used for BDS/Billboard Charts?
Billboard charting criteria and definitions used in BDS products can be found in the link below. Charting Criteria & Definitions (Billboard) The following Billboard airplay charts are ranked based on spins (or detections): Gospel Christian AC ...
What are the chart rules for the Billboard airplay charts for Mexico?
There are four airplay charts for Mexico available in BDSradio. Go to Charts / Format Chart / Mexico. Please contact email@example.com if you do not have access to Mexico in BDSradio. All Billboard Mexico airplay charts are based on ...
How can I see which stations report to the Billboard airplay charts?
To see which radio stations and network channels report to the Billboard airplay charts: In BDSradio go to Charts/Panels: Choose the chart you're interested in: In BDSradio from Charts/Format Chart you can also click on the number of stations ...
How can I find out where a song peaked on the airplay charts?
In BDSradio many reports have a "Peak Chart Rank" column. Hover over the number in that column to see all of the Billboard airplay charts that a song has appeared on with "Peak Rank" and the "Peak Rank Date". "Peak Rank Date" shows the Sunday end ...
Why is my song Recurrent on the Airplay Charts?
Current/Recurrent/Gold Rules applied in BDSradio, BDSRealtime and Music Tracking for each airplay format. Recurrent status is determined by the Billboard charts. See below for the Recurrent rules for each format. If a song falls off a ...